Friday, August 6, 2010

My vet told me to buy a new rabbit cage?

I have one of the standard rabbit cages where the rabbit is on wire. I was a little concerned about it in the first place and then i went to the vet and she wasn't to happy about it either. I saw alternatives like buying a mat so she has some support but the matt is just going to get covered in pee...and completely destroyed. Isn't it? What cages if any have you found good for your rabbit?My vet told me to buy a new rabbit cage?
There is nothing wrong with keeping rabbit in cages with a wire floor. It is better than them sitting in their feces and urine. All my rabbits are in wire bottom cages. They also have a wooden board in the cage to rest on. I tried using the plastic resting boards and they just made the rabbit get covered in urine a feces.


The large long time breeders all keep their rabbits in these types of cages. As long as the wire is kept clean and free of build up from urine and feces they will be fine.My vet told me to buy a new rabbit cage?
smallanimalchannel.com might have some answeres, and you could put bedding like shredded newspaper on top of the mat so it won't be as dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment