Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I have a pet rabbit, I want to know the breed.?

she is mostly white, with brown patches on her back,brown circles around the eyes and brown ears. She is probably between 8 and 9 lbsI have a pet rabbit, I want to know the breed.?
english spots have patches over the eyes, a check spot, buterfly shaped nose spot, coulered ears and a stripe going down the back with spots either side.





but if it came from a pet shop it is most likley a cross between two breeds or a mix of diffrent breeds





look in you local libary for a rabbit book as thay usualy shou photos of the difrent breeds.I have a pet rabbit, I want to know the breed.?
Here's an idea. Take the rabbit to a vet to find out. They seem to specialize in animals.
Go to this site from the American Rabbit Breeders Association to compare your rabbit with recognized breeds: http://www.arba.net/photo.htm





If you are serious about raising rabbits, you should consider joining the organization. I used to be a member when I had pet rabbits.
There are several breeds it could be:





1. Breed: Satin Color: Broken *Breed has shiny fur (sheen)


2. Breed: Rex Color: Broken *Breed has very short plush fur


3. Breed: Rhinelander *Breed has a line running down it's back and about 3 spots on each side


4. Breed: English Lop Color: Broken *Breed has very larg lop ears


5. Breed: Mini Lop Color: Broken *Breed has normal size lop ears





I doubt it's an English Spot because the weight sounds too heavy. You really need a picture of it to be able to tell. It also might be a mixed rabbit.
Is her fur short and velvet like ? To me it sounds like a rex or it could just be some mutt type rabbit
A english spot..!! I have one two
I can tell you that she's a broken color. You'd have to describe the brown. Do you see rings if you blow in the fur? Is it a chocolate brown or an orangey brown with a little gray mixed in? I assume her ears stick up, since you didn't say otherwise, and the only purebred broken rabbits with straight ears in that weight range are Satins and Rex. Satin fur is very shiny, even on the pads of the feet, and Rex fur is very soft and plushy like velvet. That's the best I can do with the description I have!
Try this website: www.ontariorabbits.org, it may help
get it a pair first, then get a good place for them to play around

No comments:

Post a Comment