Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What type of rabbit do I have?

Im in Arizona and I see alot like my rabbits running wild in the streets, im guessing its a cottontail since thats common in arizona but other cottontail rabbits seem to have rougher fur and and alot darker tan to them. My rabbit has more of a palomino looking fur but a lil darker then that, its fur is as soft as any rabbits can get, a vet weighed him at 12 pounds, he doesnt look that big but i forgot to ask what type of breed it was.What type of rabbit do I have?
There are a lot of rabbit breeds that would come in that size and color. Take a look at the photos here: http://www.arba.net/Breeds.htm#r Keep in mind that most of these breeds come in more colors than just the one pictured. Also keep in mind that if your rabbit did not come with a pedigree and from a reputable breeder, it is likely a mixture of breeds, and not any one specific breed. At that size, he is not a cottontail, they are much much smaller. What type of rabbit do I have?
I can tell you for a fact that it is not a lionhead!! Lionheads weigh (1-3.45) pounds I no that because I raise them you can see a lionhead at my website www.freewebs.com/schneiders-little-lions I also have a rabbit under other pets he is a mixed breed he weighs that much (harlequin/Flemish) He was saved from a meat farm!!!


im thinking you may have a rex or a chinchilla





could you email me a picture and If I cant find out I can Find someone that can!! briannaschneider@rocketmail.com
maybe a lion head?

No comments:

Post a Comment