Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How did my rabbit die?

I had a rabbit that got bit earlier this morning on its ear (by some unknown animal). Our family did not find the wound until we saw the rabbit just laying on its side with the wounded ear laid down. It died earlier this afternoon. How would it die from just a small wound?How did my rabbit die?
Stress. The same reason a fish will die if you remove the hook and throw it back in the water.How did my rabbit die?
Possibly blood loss, maybe it was bitten by a poisonous snake. It could be internal bleeding, you wouldn't see it but if your rabbit was ';roughed up'; a little bit it's very possible that broken bones punctured important organs. If it was in a lot of pain it's very possible that it was so stressed it's heart just stopped beating. This happens sometimes also when you take a rabbit from to a different temperature environment.





Lots of possible scenarios, I doubt you'll ever know for sure without an autopsy. I'm sorry for your loss. :(
That is soooo sad, I'm soo sorry that happened!!! Poor bunny!!





Perhaps if you live in a wooded area, that wound was from a snake bite or something. Take the rabbit to the vet to find out for sure!!! If animals are dieing in your house, that isn't a good sign, and you should investigate it!!





However, animals are prone to heart attacks from fear.
The wound could have been infected earlier. I'm not sure... More details might be needed to figure this out. I do know often times small animals can die from getting scared to badly or extreme stress or whatever.





I'm really not sure.
maybe the animal was bit pretty worse then you thought, either that or it was bit by a diseased animal that just happened to have a small bite.
If it was loose in open area a dog may of bit and shook it which would cause neck/head trama.
if your rabbit was older it may have been stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment