Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Would a dog crate be okay to use as a rabbit cage?

The crate is 42L x 26W x 28H. I plan on putting a shelf in the cage for my bunny to jump on too. Also, my bunny isn't going to be in the cage all day either. She gets at least 4-6 hours a day to run freely around my room. :]


Here is a link to the crate:


http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2753753


Thanks.Would a dog crate be okay to use as a rabbit cage?
Well, the dog cage is really big for the average size of a bunny, i don't see why it would be so bad to keep the bunny is that big cage, the bunny will have more comfort space and feel less ';squeezed'; in the cage. just make sure that the dog cages bars are small enough for the rabbit to not escape. When your doing that remember that rabbits are very flexible and if the cage's bars barely hold in the rabbit, you'll be better off with a normal rabbit cage. You still have to give the rabbit all the things you normally get with a rabbit cage. I know mostly all the people would tell you that that is a bad idea to use the dog cage, but it will be smart of you to use the dog cage.Would a dog crate be okay to use as a rabbit cage?
No.I have a baby boy rabbit,it is not ok.But i can help you to find a cheap,complete rabbit kit with cage.It includes,bedding,toys,food,treats and a water bottle.Go to ebay or amazon and search ';my super pet'; bunny kit. I assure you,if you can't find it there,it will be at a local pet-shop.
My teacher, a vet, uses those for a couple of her rabbits. I know most people are going to tell you not to though. Really I don't see what's wrong with it. That dog crate is much larger than most rabbit cages on the market,
WOW! I would get it if I had a rabbit, it looks big enough; way bigger then the cages I've seen for rabbits! :D Plus if you rabbit is getting 4-6 hours of free time to roam around, I think it would be fine!
well just get a bunny cage and that cage will not work

No comments:

Post a Comment