Friday, August 6, 2010

Is there something wrong with my pet rabbit?

Ok... so here's the weird thing... my bunny's nails are literally falling off! When I'm cleaning his cage I find his nails on his cage floor and then I look at his paws (Or feet/hands) and there isn't any sign that it was bleeding. So I guess my question is, why are my rabbits nails falling off and why aren't they bleeding?Is there something wrong with my pet rabbit?
I LOVE rabbits! I dunno much about that. But you should probably see a doctor just in case. Hope your bunnies okay!=)Is there something wrong with my pet rabbit?
I have a female bunny, Cami and sadly lost my male bunny, Oreo a couple weeks ago. So, I know a bit about rabbits...Are you cutting your bunny's nails? If you don't keep them cut, they will chew them off...and how far are the nails coming off..all the way or part? Because their nails continue to grow constantly. Cut them them if you don't or call a vet...Good Luck!!!!!!!!!





Also, What kind of cage are you using...a wire bottom cage can catch their nails and break them off...
We have 2 rabbits and I have never heard of that happening and its never happened to our bunnies.... I recommend seeing a vet about this. Also, you could try going to the library and checking out a book on sicknesses in rabbits, or even check search this online. I skimmed through some things written about this and it said that the bunny's nails wont grow back.
take it to the vet
how old is your rabbit?


did u take care of him ?(i know u take care but like clipping nails, etc)


maybe his nails are just TOO long or maybe those socalled nails u found whernt even nails .





rabbits somtime bite there nails but very very small amount of them do it . the nails bother there fingers .
When was the last time you clipped his nails? It could be that they just got long, and broke.
I agree with everyone else - take it to a vet.


It's possible it has some kind of nutritional deficiency. It could also have an illness or syndrome. It's not normal though, so it's worth checking.


One thing I'd suggest though is observing his behaviour - is he scratching at the sides of his cage? If so, he might be breaking them off - and perhaps grooming away the blood before you realise.


I've only had one rabbit that lost it's claws, and that was caused by his obsessive scratching at his cage. In this case though there was some blood present.


Get a vet to check just incase.

No comments:

Post a Comment